Some donated items may be added to the library’s collection, but most are sold to raise money for library programs.
What We Can Use
- Gently used hardback and paperback books: fiction or nonfiction, for children, young adults, and adults.
- Commercially recorded CDs of music and audiobooks, DVDs
We Do Not Accept
- Damaged books (broken spines, missing covers, stained, mildewed)
- Outdated computer, business, current events, medical, or travel books
- Cassettes or VHS tapes
- Textbooks published more than five years ago
Where and When to Donate
It’s easy to donate 24/7 by dropping your gently used books in the blue bin (picture on this page) in front of the Sententia Vera Cultural Hub.
If you are moving or have a large number of books to donate (over 3 boxes), please email us a few days prior to coordinate a drop-off time at our book storage space.
Value of Your Donation
Your donation is tax-deductible, though we are unable to assign a dollar value to your donation.
Contact us if you need proof of donation for large quantities of books.