The Friends of the Dripping Springs Community Library began in 1983 as a group of devoted volunteers with a mission to raise funds to build a free-standing library, since the existing library did double duty as the high school library and the community library. Members of the group were determined to have a free-standing dedicated library in Dripping Springs. By 1998 their hard work paid off when the library opened in its current location.
The Friends of the Dripping Springs Community Library, Inc. is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization with a mission to promote the library’s value to the community, encourage its use and help sustain its vibrant role in the community. Today, in response to the dynamic growth of the City of Dripping Springs and surrounding area, our group of members continues to expand, raising money and volunteering for the library, supporting its varied events and projects. As we look to the future and the ever-changing needs of our growing community, we invite you to join us to ensure the library’s continued vitality and relevance.
Some of the items the library has purchased with the funds provided by the Friends include:
- An AWE Early Learning Literacy Station with over 70 educational programs with over 4,000 learning activities
- New loveseat for the Children’s Wing for comfortable reading
- Ellison die cuts system for cutting shapes and letters for bulletin boards, class projects, posters, and more
- Copies of book club monthly selections for Charlotte’s Book Club and the Non-Fiction Addiction book club
- Educational and entertaining summer programs for children and teens